[error] [client 178.59.111.223] (2)No such file or directory: exec of

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Aug 28 08:38:11 EDT 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 05:17:34 -0700, Ferrous Cranus wrote:

> As i have pointed out i as the owner of the accoutn have read and write
> perimssion bot at www/ and www/cgi-bin i also chnage the filename and
> still cant write to the file.

If you type filenames as carelessly as you type requests for help, who
knows what file name you are actually trying to open?

Or to put it another way...

If yuo tpye filnaems as carlesl yas y outype reqets for help, woh knwos
wha tfile nmae oyu ar eactaly tying to oep n?

Nikos, my Greek is completely non-existent, and I admire you for learning
a second language. I know your English is good, because I have seen you
write fluent, excellent English. But if you can't be bothered to type
carefully and clearly when asking questions, then how can you expect
others to be bothered to read and respond to your questions?

> if you as experts cannot help resolve this, how me as a newbiw can?

Just because your account has write permission to a location doesn't mean
that the script being run by the webserver has write permission. You need
to write to a location where the script has permission to write. First
you need to find out what account the script is being run under -- it may
be "apache", or possible "nobody", but I don't know. It shouldn't be
"root", and almost certainly isn't "nikos". I'm not an expert, but a few
seconds googling came up with a lot of useful looking hits. Google on
"what user does apache run as" and do your research.

This is off-topic though. This is not a "beginner's guide to apache"
forum, if you can't solve this problem yourself you'll have to take it
elsewhere.

--
Steven