Phonon error: libv4l2: error getting pixformat: Invalid argument

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 10:50:27 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM,  <tausciam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is my code. I'm just trying to play an mp3 that I've clicked in a PyQT listwidget:
>
>     @pyqtSlot()
>     def item_clicked(self):
>         row = self.listWidget.currentRow()
>         song = musiclist[row]
>         QCoreApplication.setApplicationName("Phonon")
>         output = Phonon.AudioOutput(Phonon.MusicCategory)
>         m_media = Phonon.MediaObject()
>         Phonon.createPath(m_media, output)
>         m_media.setCurrentSource(Phonon.MediaSource(song))
>         m_media.play()

I can't help with Phonon itself, but here's a general comment: When
you have a problem like this, post the full exception traceback. Also,
if you can, try to cut down the example to the point where you can
post all the code, not just one method; if you make it so we can
actually run the script, it's that much more likely we can help you.
But mainly, the exception traceback - it's very helpful.

Help us to help you! :)

ChrisA