multifile programming on python 3

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sun Aug 25 08:13:23 EDT 2013

Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I need help about multifile programming on python 3 and i questioned on
> stackoverflow :
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18391230/eclipse-python-nameerror-name-mymodule-is-not-defined
>
> I thank you if you answer me.
>
> --mohsen

You have a response there, so I'm not sure why you're trying to
duplicate it here.

A portion of your question there:

> import repository;
>

> x = Repository();
> When i run my application, i get the following error:
>
> x = Repository();
>
> NameError: name 'Repository' is not defined

That's not the whole error, that's just the last line of it.  Still the
immediate answer is clear:

after the statement
    import repository

one new symbol is available to your code, the symbol   'repository'

if you want to use something defined in that imported module, then use

obj = repository.Repository()

Or you could do one of these two:

import repository
Repository = repository.Repository   #defines new name for the class
Materials = repository.Materials       #ditto

or

from repository import Repository, Materials

In either of those latter cases, you could now create the object by

obj = Repository()

As for the Eclipse problem, you'll have to study the other answer;  I've
never found it worthwhile to install Eclipse for Python.

--
DaveA