Basic Python Query

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Wed Aug 21 14:58:55 EDT 2013

On 21.08.2013 11:11, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> That said, there is never a need for deriving
> from the Thread class, you can also use it to run a function without
> that. That way is IMHO clearer because the threading.Thread instance is
> not the thread, just like a File instance is not a file. Both just
> represent handles for manipulating the actual thing.

Huh? That I find most curious.

I *always* derive from threading.Thread and really like the way that
thread setup works (instanciate Thread handle, call start). Very
intuitive, never had the problems with clarity that you mentioned. Could
you elaborate on your suggestion? I don't seem to quite get it I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Johannes

> Zumindest nicht öffentlich!
Kosmologen: Die Geheim-Vorhersage.