refresing the edited python function

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Tue Aug 20 02:30:22 EDT 2013

Sudheer Joseph <sudheer.joseph at yahoo.com> writes:

>                       I wonder how the code developers work in this case every time a function is modified one has to restart the console is a nightmare...

I use the "reload" approach a lot when developing isolated classes
or functions and "plone.reload" for "Plone" related development.

These approaches are not perfect but can avoid restarts in about
90 % of the cases. I also restart whenever something
unexpected happens after a reload - as the reload approaches
can have surprising effects.