refresing the edited python function

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Aug 19 21:09:37 EDT 2013

Sudheer Joseph <sudheer.joseph at yahoo.com> writes:

> I wonder how the code developers work in this case every time a
> function is modified one has to restart the console is a nightmare...

Developers use the interactive console for exploring, not developing.

Use it to test, to confirm a suspicion about what a function call might
do, to write code you know you will not run more than once.

Any code you suspect might persist – and if you don't know, expect that
it might persist – you should be writing in a module file and running as
a program.

> Hope one day some solution will be evolved.

The time machine has brought you the solution: a text editor and the
Python non-interactive session :-)

--
 \          “Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; |
  `\    those in philosophy only ridiculous.” —David Hume, _A Treatise |