refresing the edited python function

Sudheer Joseph sudheer.joseph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 20:55:36 EDT 2013

Hi,
I have been using ipython and ipython with qtconsole and working on a code with functions. Each time I make a modification in function

I have to quit IPTHON console (in both with and with out qt console ) and reload the function freshly. If I need to see the changed I made in the function. I tried below options
del function name

import the module again  by issuing "from xxx.py import yy"
import xxx.py
make changes
reload(xxx.py)
this
 works only if the the function in the code has same name as the code.
But even this do not reflect the changes made by editing the code.
So what is the standard way to update the function for further tests after an edit?
with best regards,
Sudheer

Sudheer Joseph
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services
Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India
POST BOX NO: 21, IDA Jeedeemetla P.O.
Via Pragathi Nagar,Kukatpally, Hyderabad; Pin:5000 55
Tel:+91-40-23886047(O),Fax:+91-40-23895011(O),
Tel:+91-40-23044600(R),Tel:+91-40-9440832534(Mobile)
E-mail:sjo.India at gmail.com;sudheer.joseph at yahoo.com
Web- http://oppamthadathil.tripod.com