Verifying Variable value

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com.dmarc.invalid
Wed Aug 14 12:36:40 EDT 2013

chandan kumar wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Is there a way to validate variable values while debugging any python code.Run below example  in
> debugging mode and i would like to know the value of c (I know print is an option) with any other
> option other than printing.
> In C# or some other tools we can verify each statement and values. Is there way to check each
> statement in python code like in c#.
>
> Ex:
> def method()
>   a = 20
>   b =30
>   c =  a + b
>

> Best Regards,
> Chanadn

In addition to pdb, I would imagine most Python IDEs would support debugging in this manner.

pydev: http://pydev.org/manual_adv_debugger.html
Wing: http://wingware.com/wingide/debugger
Pycharm: http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/webhelp/running-and-debugging.html

This actually has a nice table of some IDEs for Python. See which ones
have a 'Y' under the PD column.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/81584/what-ide-to-use-for-python

~Ramit

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.