.split() Qeustion

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Aug 16 09:59:25 EDT 2013

On 2013-08-16, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
> In article <mailman.613.1376632775.1251.python-list at python.org>,
>  Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>
>> Avogadro's Number is worth remembering, for mocking the pseudo-science
>> of homeopathy <URL:http://www.1023.org.uk/what-is-homeopathy.php>.
>
> You have obviously never argued science with a homeopath if you believe
> that knowing Avogadro's number will in any way shake their faith.

He wasn't talking about arguing with a homeopath -- he was talking
about mocking homeopathy.

If you accept the premise of homeopathy having to do with the
transferring of the essence or memory or whatever it's called, the
fact that the final "solution" contains none of the original solute is
irrelevant, and they will freely admit that none of the solute is
actually present.  It's all a complete and utter scam, of course.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm a nuclear
                                  at               submarine under the