.split() Qeustion

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Aug 16 01:59:24 EDT 2013

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> Not quite. A mole (abbreviation: mol) is a name for a specific number,
> like couple (2) or dozen (12) or gross (144), only much bigger: 6.02e23.
> And I can't believe I still remember that value :-)

Avogadro's Number is worth remembering, for mocking the pseudo-science
of homeopathy <URL:http://www.1023.org.uk/what-is-homeopathy.php>.

By knowing the scale of Avogadro's Limit – the maximum dilution of
matter before one can confidently say the solution contains none of the
original substance – one can look at the claims of homeopathy and
confidently say that it can't contain anything effective.

working-to-laugh-alt-med-out-of-the-world-ly yrs,

--
 \       “I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I feel like |
  `\              I've forgotten this before sometime.” —Steven Wright |