.split() Qeustion

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Thu Aug 15 11:30:45 EDT 2013

MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> writes:

> On 15/08/2013 15:38, Lele Gaifax wrote:
>> wxjmfauth at gmail.com writes:
>>> PS A "mole" is not a number.
>>
>> Oh, nice to know. And OOC, what is a "mole" in your stupid science?
>> OTOH, WTF does that matter in current thread and with Python in general?
>>
> A "mole" is a term from chemistry:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_%28unit%29

Yes, I know that, but AFAIU, there is a closer correlation between "a
mole" and "a number" than between "a string" and "the number of bytes an
arbitrary computer [language] needs to store it". It did not come out as
funny as I meant :)

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.