.split() Qeustion

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Thu Aug 15 10:38:07 EDT 2013

wxjmfauth at gmail.com writes:

> As a stupid scientist, I have the habbit to compare
> things of the same nature with the same units.
>
> This *string* containing one *character*

> 26
>
> consumes 26 *bytes*.

I'm not an expert in stupid science, and I fail to see the "common"
nature of the stuff you are comparing. Strings are not characters, and
neither the latter are bytes.

Anyway, trying to apply the same stupid science, I notice a much more
amazing fact:

>>> sys.getsizeof(True)
24

Does Python really needs twentyfour bytes to store a *single* bit of
information?? Wow, since by definition a byte contains eight bits,
there's a factor of 192... what a shame!

:-)

> —————
>
> Python seems to consider os.linesep as a
> str.

> True

Yes, I bet in stupid languages that would be either a single character,
or a tuple of two or more characters, much more usable and compact.

> —————
>
> PS A "mole" is not a number.

Oh, nice to know. And OOC, what is a "mole" in your stupid science?
OTOH, WTF does that matter in current thread and with Python in general?

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.