.split() Qeustion

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Aug 14 13:38:07 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM,  <random832 at fastmail.us> wrote:
> Because high-level code isn't supposed to use the os module directly.

That seems a bit extreme.  One would hope that Guido and the rest of
the crew created the os module so people would use it instead of
resorting to other lower level hacks.  A quick find/grep of my own
code suggests that I import os more than sys.  I use it mostly for
os.path.* and os.environ.  I'm not sure there's a higher level way to
access them without putting more layers between your code and those
objects, which code would obviously have to call them anyway.

Did I just misread your comment?

Skip