Am I not seeing the Error?

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 16:28:57 EDT 2013

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 22:19:23 -0400, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:

> I am checking my 1292-line script for syntax errors. I ran the following
> commands in a terminal to check for errors, but I do not see the error.

> JOB_WRITEURGFILES =
> multiprocessing.Process(write2file('./mem/ENGINE_PID', ENGINEPID);
> write2file(SENTEMPPATH, ''); write2file(INPUTMEM, ''));
> JOB_WRITEURGFILES.start()

When I expand this out to one item per line,

JOB_WRITEURGFILES =
	multiprocessing.Process
	(
		write2file
		(
			'./mem/ENGINE_PID'
			,
			ENGINEPID
		)
		;
		write2file
		(
			SENTEMPPATH
			,
			''
		)
		;
		write2file
		(
			INPUTMEM
			,
			''
		)
	)
;
JOB_WRITEURGFILES.start()

and I wonder (not being familiar with multiprocessing) if perhaps there
should have been a third ";" after the third write2file in the job
definition.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com