Am I not seeing the Error?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Aug 13 04:50:41 EDT 2013

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:19:07 +0100, Joshua Landau wrote:

>> Please tell me this is all just an elaborate joke.
>
> That was the OP (Devyn Collier Johnson, <devyncjohnson at gmail.com>) and
> I, too, am hoping this is an elaborate joke. However, see
> "http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~devyncjohnson-d/neobot/trunk/view/head:/
lib/beta_engine".

> I am struggling to see what the punchline is...

If Artificial Intelligence code is hard to write, it damn well should be
hard to read too. Otherwise, how will people know how brilliant you are?

But seriously... I don't know what language Devyn is writing in Python,
but I've seen code like that before. Mostly code written back in the
early to mid 1980s. I may have even written some of it myself :-)

Anyway, I don't think we should badger Devyn, we're not his dad and we're
not the code police. All we can do is continue to demonstrate good,
idiomatic, *working* Python code, and hopefully he will learn to write
the same.

--
Steven