How many times does unittest run each test?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 21:10:30 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Josh English
<Joshua.R.English at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using logging for debugging, because it is pretty straightforward and can be activated for a small section of the module. My modules run long (3,000 lines or so) and finding all those dastardly print statements is a pain, and littering my code with "if debug: print message" clauses. Logging just makes it simple.

So logging might be the right tool for your job. Tip: Sometimes it
helps, when trying to pin down an issue, to use an additional
debugging aid. You're already using logging? Add print calls. Already
got a heartbeat function? Run it through a single-stepping debugger as
well. Usually that sort of thing just gives you multiple probes at the
actual problem, but occasionally you'll get an issue like this, and
suddenly it's really obvious because one probe behaves completely
differently from the other.

ChrisA