Python 3 and SSH Tunnel

Bernd Waterkamp Bernd-Waterkamp at web.de
Fri Aug 9 12:40:16 EDT 2013

D. Xenakis schrieb:

> I've played with putty to achieve this but to be honest i'd like
> something more efficient. Opening putty everytime and making all the
> connection settings etc, and then running the programm, is kinda messy.
> Id like this to be done in an automatic way from the program so that
> things roll easy. I thought maybe i should find a way how to call and
> run a batch file from inside my python program or a powershell command,
> but i do not know even if that could work for the ssh tunneling.
>
> any ideas?

Both popular frameworks for python SSH  - twisted and paramiko - are still
being ported to python3. If you need to run your code on Windows, take a
look at plink, a command line tool for PuTTY:

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/Chapter7.html#plink

You can wrap plink and your python script in a batch-file or call plink
from inside your script using subprocess.