Python 3 and SSH Tunnel

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 18:54:44 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM, D. Xenakis <gouzounakis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> HOWTO anyone?
>
> What im trying to succeed here is create one SSH tunnel, so that i can connect from a python script running on my pc, to a remote MySQL database running on my Host and id like to stick with Python 3.3 .
>
> I contacted my host and he informed me that this is the only way.
>
> I tried pycrypto + paramiko but from what i have noticed, paramiko is not Python 3.3 ready.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here, but why not simply
establish a tunnel using ssh(1) and then invoke your Python script
separately? You simply point your script at a database on localhost,
after establishing a tunnel from local 3306 to remote localhost:3306.
No need to play with Python crypto.

Alternatively, can you use PostgreSQL instead? :)

ChrisA