[GUI] Good frameworks for Windows/Mac?

Vlastimil Brom vlastimil.brom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 07:22:01 EDT 2013

2013/8/6 Gilles <nospam at nospam.com>:
> Hello
>
> I need to write a small GUI application that should run on Windows and
> Mac.
>
> What open-source framework would you recommend? I just need basic
> widgets (button, listbox, etc.) and would rather a solution that can
> get me up and running fast.
>
> I know about wxWidgets and Qt: Are there other good options I should
> know about?
>
> Thank you.
> --

Hi,
I mostly use wxPython myself, but if you just need some basic widgets
and not some very complex or non-standard layouts, the tkinter -
available in the standard library - might be perfectly viable.
http://docs.python.org/3.3/library/tk.html
The more recent versions of python also support ttk and Tix which has
further possibilities, styling etc.
There is further e.g. Python GUI
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/

and several others