Reg secure python environment with web terminal emulator

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 8 02:23:22 EDT 2013

"Lakshmipathi.G" <lakshmipathi.g at gmail.com> writes:
> Could you please share more info about creating raw binary executable
> and its potential
> problem.

In an earlier message, you reported to have banned "gcc" to
avoid "C" level exploits. A "raw binary executable" would allow
the same exploits. Think of a binary generated elsewhere (where
"gcc" is available) and put into your environment.

I am convinced that 100 % security is impossible - and correspondingly
would use a pragmatic approach: I would rely on OS level
constraints (user with very restricted rights, process running
in an isolated "box") - and ensure the OS is kept up to date
to reduce the risk of exploits of OS security weaknesses.