Reg secure python environment with web terminal emulator

Lakshmipathi.G lakshmipathi.g at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 02:45:22 EDT 2013

Hi -

We have a server running a web-based terminal emulator (based on shellinabox
for screen-casting  check www.webminal.org) that allows users to learn
simple bash commands. This Linux environment secured by things like quota,
selinux,ulimit  etc

Now some users are requesting python access. How to ensure python is executed
in a restricted environment. I came across
http://docs.python.org/2/library/restricted.html
but it seems like disabled in 2.3. Any thoughts on how we can safely
provide python access
to users.

I hope this is the correct mailing-list, If not please redirect me to
the right one.

Thanks for any help.

--
----