Working with XML/XSD

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 08:00:05 EDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 06:56 PM, David Barroso wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I
> would like to develop some scripts to manage Cisco routers and
> switches using XML. However, I am not sure where to start. Does
> someone have some experience working with XML, Schemas and things like
> that? Which libraries do you use? Do you know of any good tutorial?
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

W3C has a decent primer for XML (w3schools.com/xml/). I have a couple of
O'Reilly publications on the topic that are ok as well. There's a site
dedicated to the subject at xmlnews.org, and someone told me about a
course available at xmlmaster.org. I also found a short preso at
oreilly.com called the Eight Minute XML tutorial on automating system
administration so that's probably got some promise in the area you're
looking for.

hth

--
Regards

Jack
Boston Tea Party, Coercive Acts, Powder Alarm, Revolution
Lessons (Mistakes) not learned are bound to be repeated.