Newbie: static typing?

Gary Herron gary.herron at islandtraining.com
Mon Aug 5 17:07:42 EDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 01:46 PM, Rui Maciel wrote:
> Is there any pythonic way to perform static typing?  After searching the web
> I've stumbled on a significant number of comments that appear to cover
> static typing as a proof of concept , but in the process I've found no
> tutorial on how to implement it.
>
> Does anyone care to enlighten a newbie?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Rui Maciel

The Pythonic way is to *enjoy* the freedom and flexibility and power of
dynamic typing.  If you are stepping out of a static typing language
into Python, don't step just half way.  Embrace dynamic typing.  (Like
any freedom, it can bite you at times, but that's no reason to hobble
Python with static typing.)

Python is both dynamically typed and strongly typed.  If you are
confusing dynamic/static typing with week/strong typing, see
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Why%20is%20Python%20a%20dynamic%20language%20and%20also%20a%20strongly%20typed%20language

Gary Herron