Bug? ( () == [] ) != ( ().__eq__([]) )

Markus Rother markus.rother at web.de
Mon Aug 5 10:58:03 EDT 2013

Thanks for the good explanation.

My intention was to pass a custom method/function as a comparator
to an object.  My misconception was, that __eq__ is equivalent to
the '==' operator, and could be passed as a first class function.
Apparently, that is not possible without wrapping the comparison
into another function/method.

Best regards,
Markus R.