Removing matching items from a list?

kevin4fong at gmail.com kevin4fong at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 16:12:55 EDT 2013

Basically, I'm trying to find out how to remove matching items from a list. But there doesn't seem to be any information on how to go about doing this specific function.

For example, what I want is:

let's say there is a list:

pHands[0] = ['ad', 'ac', 'as', 'ah', '7d', '8s', '9d', 'td', 'js', 'jd']

So up there, my list, which is named pHands[0] has ten items in it.

I'm trying to make a function where a search is initiated into the list and any matching items with a first matching number/letter reaching four are removed

So in the end, ad, ac, as, ah (the four a's) will all be deleted/removed from the list. I need the list to automatically detect if there are four matching first letter/numbers in the items in the list.

The remaining list will be: pHands[0] = ['7d', '8s', '9d', 'td', 'js', 'jd']