Where to suggest improvements in the official Python documentation?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 3 16:43:14 EDT 2013

On 8/3/2013 2:23 PM, Joel Goldstick wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Aseem Bansal <asmbansal2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I have a suggestion about the Python tutorial for improvement.
>> Specifically about in Python tutorial 4.7.5 lambda forms.
>> http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/controlflow.html#lambda-forms
>>
>> It is not very clear from the tutorial what lambda forms are for

They are mostly for passing a one-use function as an argument to another
function. The tutorial should say that and give an example.

http://bugs.python.org/issue18646

>> someone who doesn't know functional programming. I think placing a
>> link of "functional Programming HOWTO" of Python documentation can
>> take out much confusion for Python newbies.

That document is not about lambda. The word 'lambda' does not appear
until near the end, and some of the current examples violate PEP 8.

--
Terry Jan Reedy