How to use Python to open Unread message(s) in specific Outlook folder, clicking a hyperlink within the email message to a secure login window, entering password to download .csv file, run Excel macro

hambergcfa at gmail.com hambergcfa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 13:31:33 EDT 2013

Entire Project
I am very new to Python and realize my subject line is more than a mouthful and the best way to tackle this project may be to break it down into smaller projects; but I wanted to let you know what my entire project is in the event there is/are shortcuts or more reliable ways to go about what I'm trying to accomplish.

Details
Every morning I receive three emails (three different subject lines) in the same Sub-Folder ("POINT") under Folder ("Reports") in my Inbox in Outlook.  Each email has two secure hyperlinks, one provides me with a site to register and the other provides a window for me to enter my password to download a .csv file.

Is there code that will open the "Unread" emails in the "POINT" folder, click the appropriate hyperlink, enter my password (the same for all emails), and download the .csv file and then run an Excel macro?  I've already created the Excel macro, one for each of the different files I'm downloading.

I have no idea where to begin with Outlook and have reservations as to whether or not this is even possible.