Python and PyQt (Windows) - AttributeError: 'module' object has not attribute run

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Aug 1 19:43:22 EDT 2013

alesssia wrote:

   <snip>

>> My guess is that somehow when the zip file was extracted, the case of
>> this file was not preserved, and it came out  pmc.py.
>
> The zip was not extracted because there was no zip. I copied the code from my computer to a USB pen drive and ran the code from there.

That's probably where you lost the case distinction.  The FAT file
system doesn't really support lowercase, except with 'extended
attributes', and probably your Linux system didn't create those in a way
that Windows was happy with.

If I had to get files between the two, I'd either use Linux tools to do
the transfer (eg. scp or ftp), or I'd zip the files and just transfer
the zip.

>> My suggestion is to simply use all lower-case for your filenames
>
> What surprised me is that Windows was unable of holding upper case, so I thought there was something else.  Yet, it seems that this behaviour does not surprise anyone else. Then, I'll simply changes all my source file names, despite I felt it silly...

It can hold uppercase;  in fact, it's lower case that's "new".  But
because it's "case - preserving" rather than "case -sensitive",
sometimes it's a mess.

--
DaveA