script to Login a website

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Aug 1 10:18:40 EDT 2013

wachkama at gmail.com wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:33:25 AM UTC-4, wach... at gmail.com wrote:
>> I have created a script to log in a website. It gets its username and password from two files, then log's in with this credentials. My code is not showing me what username it is using to login from the file. And I am not sure if it is even opening up the url and prompting for login. I am stuck can someone help me ?
>>

>>     import urllib, urllib2
>>

>>     user = open ('users.txt' , 'r')
>>
>>     password = open ('password.txt' , 'r')
>>

>>     for users in user:
>>
>>         password.seek(0)
>>
>>         for pass_list in password:
>>
>>             login_data = users + '\n' + pass_list
>>
>>             print login_data

Please ignore myearlier post, as I somehow missed your post where you
showed the code.

Anyway, your problem is that you print the login_data, but you don't act
on it.  You should make the call to the login function right after the
print statement, rather than after the loops are done.  At that point,
all you have is the last user name and password.

All the following code should be moved to a function, and called from
the same level as the print.

=
--
DaveA