Script that converts between indentation and curly braces in Python code

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Aug 1 02:23:20 EDT 2013

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:45:36 +0700, Musical Notation wrote:

> Is there any script that converts indentation in Python code to curly
> braces? The indentation is sometime lost when I copy my code to an
> application or a website.

Complain to the website or application that it is throwing away
significant data. If you had a website that turned this paragraph into
this:

"Complaintothewebsiteorapplicationthatitisthrowingawaysignificantdata.Ifyouhadawebsitethatturnedthisparagraphintothis"

you would rightly complain about the bug, or stop using the website.
Throwing away indentation is no different.

--
Steven