Python script help

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 06:01:54 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM,  <cool1574 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do know some Python programming, I just dont know enough to put together the various scripts I need...I would really really appreciate if some one can help me with that...

Be aware that you might be paying money for that. If you know "some"
carpentry but not enough to put together a bookcase, and you ask a
professional carpenter to make you a bookcase, you'll have to pay him.
The same is true in programming, except that there are more people
willing to work for nothing, hence the vague "might be" rather than
the inevitable "shall" or the mighty "must" [1]. To get people to work
for you for free, you have to make them (us) want to, which in the
geeky arts generally means making it an interesting problem. Achieving
this is described well in esr's essay on asking smart questions [2],
which Ulrich also just pointed you to. We do this sort of thing for
fun, for love, so if you make your problem appeal to us, there's a
high chance that someone will provide you with code.

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVVTYII422k
[2] http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

ChrisA