SMTP-Email Help

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Apr 29 03:24:35 EDT 2013

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 23:39:53 -0700, root.phidgets wrote:

> Hi Guys. I need some help with the coding for my program.
>
> This coding is suppose to sort text file according to the latest date
> and send the latest file. Attach it to my email and sent to another
> email account. But somehow the program is unable to send email.

I believe that Google has locked you out of your account.

Are you aware that you've just made your username and password visible to
the entire Internet? If you hadn't already triggered Google's anti-spam
detection, you surely have now.

> gmail_user = "********@gmail.com"
> gmail_pwd = "**********"

(details redacted, to shut the barn door now that the horse has already
run away)

When I log into your gmail account with those credentials, I see:

    Verify your account

    We've detected unusual activity on your account. To immediately
    restore access to your account, choose how to verify your account.

so I believe Google have locked the account because they think you're
spamming. You'll need to fix that before anything else.

--
Steven