[JOB] Two opportunities at Decernis

Patrick Waldo patrick.waldo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 17:07:00 EDT 2013

Hi All,

The company I work for, Decernis, has two job opportunities that might be
of interest.  Decernis provides global systems for regulatory compliance
management of foods and consumer products to world leaders in each sector.
The company has offices in Rockville, MD as well as Frankfurt, Germany.

First, we are looking for a highly effective, full-time senior software
engineer with experience in both development and client interaction.  This
position will work mostly in Java, but Python is most definitely an added
plus.

Second, we are looking for a highly motivated and self-reliant independent
contractor to help us build customized RSS feeds, web crawlers and site
monitors.  This position is part-time and all programs will be written in
Python.  Experience in Plone will be an added benefit.

Please see below for more information.  Send resume and cover letter to
Cynthia Gamboa, cgamboa at decernis.com.

Best

Patrick
Project Manager Decernis News & Issue Management

 *Job Description: Full-Time Senior Software Engineer*

We are looking for a highly effective senior software engineer with
experience in both development and client interaction.  Our company
provides global systems for regulatory compliance management of foods and
consumer products to world leaders in each sector.

Our ideal candidate has the following experiences:

·      5 or more years of Java/J2EE development experiences including
Jboss/Tomcat and web applications and deployment;

·      4 or more years of Oracle database development experience including
Oracle 10g or later versions;

·      Strong Unix/Linux OS working experience;

·      Strong script language programming experience in Python and Perl;

·      Experience with rule-based expert systems;

·      Experience in Plone and other CMS a plus.

Salary commensurate with experience.  This position reports directly to the
Director of System Development.

*About Decernis*

Decernis is a global information company that works with industry leaders
and government agencies to meet complex regulatory compliance and risk
management needs. We work closely with our clients to produce results that
meet the high standards demanded in technically challenging areas to ensure
comprehensive, current, and global solutions. Our team has the regulatory,
scientific, data, and systems expertise to succeed with our clients and we
are dedicated to results.

Decernis has offices in Rockville, MD and Frankfurt, Germany.  Re-locating
to the Washington, DC area is a requirement of the position.

Decernis is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against
any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of
race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized
by federal, state or local law.
###

 *Job Description: Part Time Python Programmer*

We are looking for a highly motivated and self-reliant independent
contractor to help us build customized RSS feeds, web crawlers and site
monitors.  Our ideal candidate has experience working with data mining
techniques as well as building web crawlers and scrapers.  The candidate
will be able to choose hours and work remotely, but must meet expected
deadlines and be able to report progress effectively.  In addition we are
looking for someone who is able to think through the problem set and
contribute their own solutions while balancing project goals and direction.

The project will last approximately three months, but sufficient
performance could lead to future work.  This position reports directly to
the Director of System Development.

*Key Skills*

·      Data Mining & Web Crawling (Required)

·      Python Development (Required)

·      Statistics

·      Task Oriented

·      Proficient English

·      Effective Communication

*About Decernis*

Decernis is a global information company that works with industry leaders
and government agencies to meet complex regulatory compliance and risk
management needs. We work closely with our clients to produce results that
meet the high standards demanded in technically challenging areas to ensure
comprehensive, current, and global solutions. Our team has the regulatory,
scientific, data, and systems expertise to succeed with our clients and we
are dedicated to results.

Decernis has offices in Rockville, MD and Frankfurt, Germany.  Re-locating
to the Washington, DC area is not a requirement.