TCP reassembly

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Apr 25 23:35:25 EDT 2013

On 04/25/2013 07:35 PM, Hasil Sharma wrote:
> Hi everyone ,
> How to reassemble the TCP data packets into objects viz. html , css , js image files etc . I have no idea how to implement it using python , please help ?

TCP reassembly has a specific meaning, and I doubt if that's what you
mean.  If you reach down below the tcp layer in your OS, and get raw IP
packets, then you have to do the reassembly yourself.  But if you open a
TCP connection, the OS will already do any reordering, retrying, and
reassembly for you.

Give a specific example of what you're trying, and what piece of it is
failing for you.

tcpdump or wireshark can be used to examine low level protocol issues,
if you really have such.  And python + scapy can generate pretty
arbitrary packets.  But I rather doubt that's what you want.

--
DaveA