How to return list of lists

Wolfgang Maier wolfgang.maier at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Apr 25 11:29:31 EDT 2013

 <eternaltheft <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi guys, I'm having a lot of trouble with this.
>
> My understanding of python is very basic and I was wondering how I can
return this table as a list of lists.

> 1	2	3	4	5
> 3	4	5	6
> 5	6	7
> 7	8
> 9
>
> The function is
> def Table(n):
> Then how would I make it that when the value of n is 4 it returns [[1, 2,
>
> Thank you

First of all, state your question precisely!
I have no idea why with n=4 you would want to return that!
Second, the solution of this sort of problem lies in list comprehensions
combined with range(). Read up on those topics! Especially comprehensions
are so fundamental to the language that you have know about them before you
embark on any serious programming efforts.
Best,
Wolfgang