IPython in Emacs

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 18:18:44 EDT 2013

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 06:54:33 -0700 (PDT),
rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 25, 6:01 pm, Seb <splu... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:38:04 -0700 (PDT),

>> rusi <rustompm... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > There were some ipython+emacs+windows bugs:
>> >https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/290228 > Last I tried nearly
>> 2 years, they were still there
>> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/...

>> On Debian here, so not a problem.

> Ok me too :-)

> A quick try of your startup code did not work for me.  There is a
> perennial clash in emacs between python.el and python- mode.el -- I
> guess its that.  Which do you use?

The first.  I don't have anything python-related in ~/.emacs other than
what I showed.  Works fine for me, except for weird things like multiple
input prompts in the IPython shell at startup, which seem to come from
each statement in the variables I showed.  Similar things happen when
sending code from the script buffer.

> What are your commands for eval-buffer and start-interpreter?

I don't understand what you're asking.  I evaluate the script buffer
with `python-shell-send-buffer' and start IPython with `run-python'.

--
Seb