Using SciPy in application

Roozbeh roozbeh73 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 10:41:53 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:52:50 PM UTC+2, Miki Tebeka wrote:
> > I want to use spline interpolation function from SciPy in an application and at the same time, I don't want the end user to have to install SciPy separately. You can pack you application with py2exe, pyinstaller ... and then they won't even need to install Python. Another option (which is not always possible) is to make you application a web site and then only you need to install SciPy on the server.

I thought about the py2exe option but the problem is, this application is a plug-in written for Abaqus CAE and hence it will use the python version that comes with Abaqus CAE distribution and Abaqus must be able to compile the Python codes every time on the start-up otherwise it won't recognize the plug-in and thats why SciPy and NumPy are also not an option.
I guess as Alex said, I will have to use DLLs or write it myself.