Using SciPy in application

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 07:04:27 EDT 2013

On 24 April 2013 10:13, Roozbeh <roozbeh73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to use spline interpolation function from SciPy in an application and at the same time, I don't want the end user to have to install SciPy separately. Is there a way around this problem?

They cannot use the function from scipy if scipy is not installed.
There are three ways round this problem:
1) Rewrite the interpolation function you need in your own code.
2) Require the user to install scipy.
3) Require the user to install some other package that has
interpolation functions.

Rewriting the interpolation function is probably not that difficult
depending on the type of interpolation you're using.

Oscar