QTableWidget updating columns in a single row

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 03:58:36 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Sara Lochtie <sara.lochtie at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have written a GUI that gets data sent to it in real time and this data is displayed in a table. Every time data is sent in it is displayed in the table in a new row. My problem is that I would like to have the data just replace the old in the first row.
>
> The table has 6 columns (A, B, C, D, E, F) I want the new data to continue replacing the old data in the same row unless the data that goes under column A changes, at which point a new row would be added.
>
> Does anyone have tips on how to approach this? I can post a portion of my code to get a better idea of what I have done.
>

> --

My suggestion: compare the new data’s column A with the existing data
(store a copy of the old data somewhere?).  If it differs, add a new
row; if it doesn’t, change an existing one.  If you need help with the
exact implementation, show the *entire* code.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk> | GPG KEY: 5EAAEA16
stop html mail                | always bottom-post