Serial Port Issue

chandan kumar chandan_psr at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 22 05:34:08 EDT 2013

Hi,
I'm new to python and trying to learn serial communication using python.In this process i'm facing serial port issues.Please find the attached COMPorttest.py file ,correct me if anything wrong in the code.With my code it's always goes in to exception.I noted down the the COM port number  from windows device manager list.
Operating system: XPPython Ver: 2.5Pyserial: 2.5
Even i tried from python shell passing below commands
import serialser=ser=serial.Serial(port=21,baudrate=9600)
I observe below error on python shell
File "C:\Python25\lib\serial\serialwin32.py", line 55, in open    raise SerialException("could not open port: %s" % msg)SerialException: could not open port: (2, 'CreateFile', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,Chandan.