django vs zope vs web2py

Surya Kasturi suryak at ieee.org
Sun Apr 21 07:59:43 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Alok Singh Mahor <alokmahor at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am sorry by mistake I sent incomplete mail here is my mail.
>
> Hi everyone,
> few months back I decided to adopt python for my all sort of work
> including web programming. and I have wasted long time deciding which to
> adopt out of django, zope and web2py.
> I am from php and drupal background. which framework would be better for
> me. I am open to learn anything, anything new. but I want to adopt best
> thing full of features and lot of plugins/extensions and easy to use and
> have better documentation and books etc.
>
> please suggest me so without wasting more time I can start learning
> thanks in advance :)
> --

You see, in my experience, if you are trying to find the best before
starting (to learn), probably might never going to start.
I don't know what's your Python experience but Django is a decent option to
start over! To start Django, the documentation is one of the best way to
start over!!

Since, you are already into web dev using php, drupal etc. Unless you are
very particular in starting with Django... I suggest you to take a look
into other areas of Python.

May be Network programming or systems programming or getting around
algorithms - trying to learn some mind blowing algos.. hack around on
network..

Come back and do Django.. you will see a lot of fresh ideas!!