clear the screen

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sun Apr 21 06:21:24 EDT 2013

On 04/20/2013 10:45 PM, Yuanyuan Li wrote:
> How to clear the screen? For example, in the two player game. One player sets a number and the second player guesses the number. When the first player enters the number, it should be cleared so that the second number is not able to see it. My question is how to clear the number.
> Thank you!

Welcome to the python mailing list.

The first thing you'd have to specify is your environment.  Are you
writing a gui program, and if so, with which toolkit (tk, wx, etc.).

Or are you writing a console program?  The simplest portable way is to
issue 50 or so newlines, so things scroll beyond easy visibility. Of
course, many terminal programs can easily scroll back, perhaps by using
the mouse wheel.

If you want something better than that, you'd have to specify your
Python version and Operating System.  Then somebody familiar with the
quirks of that particular system can chime in.

--
DaveA