Is Unicode support so hard...

Terry Jan Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Apr 21 05:02:32 EDT 2013

On 4/20/2013 9:37 PM, rusi wrote:

> I believe that the recent correction in unicode performance followed
> jmf's grumbles

No, the correction followed upon his accurate report of a regression,
last August, which was unfortunately mixed in with grumbles and
inaccurate claims. Others separated out and verified the accurate
report. I reported it to pydev and enquired as to its necessity, I
believe Mark opened the tracker issue, and the two people who worked on
optimizing 3.3 a year ago fairly quickly came up with two different
patches. The several month delay after was a matter of testing and
picking the best approach.