equivalent to C pointer

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 14:14:52 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM, abdelkader belahcene
<abelahcene at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for answer,
> but with C  we can compile the trapeze function and put it in librairy,
> If we try to save the trapeze alone in  package to import it later,  I
> think, I am not sure
> it will be refused because F1 and sin are not define !!!     this is the
> power of the C pointers !!!
> the link is dynamic

You don't need C pointers.  The design below is demonstrative, not ideal.

# file  MyFuncs.py
def F1(x):
    return x*x

def Trapeze(f, left, right, step):
    X0 = left
    Z = 0.0
    while (X0 < right):
        X1 = X0 + step
        Y1 = f(X1)
        Y0 = f(X0)
        Z += (Y1 + Y0) * step * 0.5
        X0 = X1
    return Z

# file UseMyFuncs.py
import math
import MyFuncs

def main():
    y = MyFuncs.Trapeze(math.sin, -2.5, 3.2, 0.1)
    print("Value for sin is:{0} ".format(y))
    y = MyFuncs.Trapeze(MyFuncs.F1, 0, 3, 0.1)
    print("Value for F1 is {0} ".format(y))

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

###