equivalent to C pointer

abdelkader belahcene abelahcene at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 13:06:05 EDT 2013

Hi everybody,

I am new to python  and I am discovering it.
I know C well,
and want to know if python knows how to manage Pointers
like pointer to function  here is a C example how to write it in python
Intergration with trapeze method

When we write Trapeze   ( at the compilation level) we don't know which
functions
Fonc  to handle.      Here for example we use  sin and a user defined  F1
The program is attached too

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

double F1 (double x){
        return x*x;
}
double Trapeze(double Fonc(double ),
                                double left, double right, double step){
  double X1, X0, Y0, Y1, Z = 0;
  for(X0=left; X0 < right ; X0 = X0 + step) {
    X1 = X0 + step;
    Y1 = Fonc(X1);    Y0 = Fonc(X0);
    Z  += (Y1 + Y0) * step * 0.5;
  }
   return Z;
}
int  main(){
  double y;
  y=Trapeze(sin, -2.5, 3.2, 0.1);
  printf("\n\tValue for sin  is : \t %8.3lf ", y);
  y=Trapeze(F1, 0, 3, 0.1);
  printf("\n\tValue for F1 is : \t %8.3lf ", y);
  return 0;
}
/**
    Value for sin  is :         0.197