The node.js Community is Quietly Changing the Face of Open Source

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 13:14:46 EDT 2013

For javascript *the language* this is a good watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXEgk1Hdze0

However I believe that the language view is a bit dated.

On Apr 16, 9:50 pm, Andrew Berg <bahamutzero8... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps having a minimal core works well for node.js, but Python is much, much better off having its
> batteries included.

Standalone this statement is hardly arguable.  However combine it with
your other statement

> Python's package  management is suboptimal (though it is being worked on),

and a different picture emerges, viz that *the ecosystem around the
language matters more than the language*

Ive talked about this  in my blog
http://blog.languager.org/2011/02/cs-education-is-fat-and-weak-1.html
and following
(Warning: CS teacher's bias)