Preparing sqlite, dl and tkinter for Python installation (no admin rights)

James Jong ribonucleico at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 15:21:51 EDT 2013

Thanks Terry. I run the tcl tests and passed them all. There was only one
tk test that I think I didn't  pass.

One thing I don't understand is that I thought that Python would statically
link against sqlite and tcl/tk (I presume that this is the reason why you
said I could build it in a similar system and copy it to the
supercomputer). But this thread shows that, at least, setup.py tries to
load libtk.so (a dynamic shared library).

Does Python then load dynamic libraries from sqlite, tcl, tk when using the
respective modules?

James