Preparing sqlite, dl and tkinter for Python installation (no admin rights)

James Jong ribonucleico at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 13:28:46 EDT 2013

Thank you Terry, I am working with:
> cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.18-274.el5xen (brewbuilder at norob.fnal.gov) (gcc version
4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)) #1 SMP Thu Jul 21

> cat /etc/redhat-release
Scientific Linux SL release 5.1 (Boron)

I did not find distribution-specific tar balls for tck/tk, sqlite or dl on
the Scientific  Linux website, but maybe I am not looking in the right
place. Do you know how I can find which tarballs I need?

James