dynamic forms generation

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 09:09:55 EDT 2013

Well I think since we are using django anyway (and bottle on the API side)
I'm not sure why we would use flask forms for this..

Anyway the main question is probably, is it worth to try to define a DSL or
not?
The problem I see is that we have a lot and very complex requirements,
trying to define a DSL that is able to represent everything might be a
massive pain.

I prefer to do something smart with metaclasses and just use Python as the
configuration language itself, using metaclasses and similar nice things to
define the language used..
The only annoying part is the persistance, I don't like too much the idea
to store Python code in the db for example, but maybe it's fine, many
projects configure things with Python anyway..