The type/object distinction and possible synthesis of OOP and imperative programming languages

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Thu Apr 18 22:39:42 EDT 2013

On 4/18/2013 10:30 PM, Mark Janssen wrote:
> Okay, professor is it, master?  What is your provenance anyway?

I'm not a professor, I'm a software engineer.  I'm just trying to help.
You've made statements that strike me as half-informed. You're trying to
unify concepts that perhaps can't or shouldn't be unified.  You've
posted now to three different mailing lists about your thoughts on the
nature of programming languages and object-orientation, and have
apparently had little success in interesting people in them.  A number
of people have suggested that you study more about the topics you're
interested in, and I agree with them.

--Ned.